Contract to Closing
There are more than 50 specific due dates and tasks on our average transaction checklist, but here’s an overview of a few:
- Post contract delivery of documents to the title company and order a title binder or commitment.
- Deposit of earnest money and delivery of receipt to the buyer client.
- Order and coordinate inspections, as well as provide access to ensure they’re completed on time.
- Coordinate timely delivery of any documents objecting to disclosures, inspection results, or title binder issues discovered.
- Coordinate appraisal and appraiser access.
- Work with mortgage company and coordinate delivery of required documents.
- Assist you with any negotiations related to contingencies, inspections or documents.
- Monitor status of all processes at the title company.
There are a number of companies and people involved in a real estate transaction, including attorneys, surveyors, appraiser, title company, mortgage broker, lender, loan underwriter and seller agents, etc. As your agent, I’m your “go-to” resource to bring it all together. I’m here to coordinate the activities of all of these entities for you.
Please understand that my overriding goal is a smooth transaction, and getting you through meeting all deadlines. I’ll only bother you when necessary in order to move you through to a successful closing. I’ll keep your real estate transaction on track, and you’ll have the time and advice you need to have all of the bases covered prior to closing.
Find out what happens once you’re under contract…